Monday, August 13, 2018

Your end is nigh Mon'Keigh...

o/

This book is so much better spiral bound! Go ahead and do it,
before your binding falls apart in the next 2 weeks...

Welp, I finally got to try out the new edition of kill team and I rather enjoyed it. The modifiers to hit are a bit worrisome for my Orks, but I'll get to see that for myself at some point in the future as I cycle thru my forces. 

Yup, it was mid-game before I thought to actually take any photos...

For my first outing I opted to bring my Exodites, which haven't seen the table top in a hellova long time! As it turns out, Bob had had the same idea and also brought his Eldar, but switched forces when he saw me pulling out my minis. He also had IG with him, except Screech was already fielding those.

I thought this would be a fun fight, but a local house rule allow's you shoot into HTH so as long as you're forces are not involved in said combat. As such, Bob's soul reaper cannon from hell killed all three of these guys before a single punch was thrown!

So is a desperate attempt to maintain variety, he opted for his last resort which were the Thousand Sons, saying (quote): 'If someone breaks out some Rubric Marines then fuck it, I'm packing up and going home...'

Just look at those highligh-oh wait, that's just my camera's
flash reflecting off of the primer. Nevermind!

Luckily that was not the case, and we played using the multiplayer scenario. Just testing the waters myself, I didn't take enough photos or notes to bother with a battle report. Most of you know how the game plays anyways, more so than I do even!


Suffice to say it was fun. Bob and I were in a race to see who had the most cheese, whilst Screech fought a war on three fronts vs. Bob, myself and sadly his Scions' own mediocre rules/stats.  

Look at that enthusiasm as I take away one of Screech's objectives!

In terms of the cheesefest, I think the Rubric marines won out handily! However my Exodites managed to squeak out an extra VP to take the win with 12VPs for me, 11 for Bob and (gulp) 2 for Screech.

My old Exodite spell markers repurposed: stones and imps for flesh wounds,
and if a model is shaken, they's 'get butterflies'... 


3 comments:

neverness said...

"Butterflies". Haha, I love it!

WestRider said...

Nice! I haven't managed to get a game in yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. Between stuff I've done up for Shadow War and Necromunda, I've got a ton of options, just need to get the time, and actually clear some space on my table.

Zzzzzz said...

Nice. Always love and Eldar kill team. Kill or crumple, never a mid table finish....