So I'd best get crackin'!
My last effort for this community event came in the form of my old (and now long since sold) Salamanders' Dreadnought. For 2019's entry, I'm hoping to actually finish my Baby Squiggoth which is essentially a 'counts-as' Killa Kan.
I hadn't touched it in a while due to some serious gaps and the need for greenstuff (my mortal enemy) to remedy them. However I never got to the FLGS to buy any, nor did I order any either as I didn't want to pay for shipping charges on the stuff. So, I instead set about trimming/shaving down the interior portions that lock the top and bottom halves together and in short order, the gaps were a thing of the past and I was able to glue the kit together.
|What to do about that gap? hrmmm...|
Also note the dud anti-tank rounds stuck in the forward and side hull!
That said, there still is one awful gap behind the head that I may yet need GS to fill. Its probably all the more noticeable after I made a bad air bubble look like battle damage. Yay me.
|Shall I paint the stuff coming out of the trunk as ropes? Sausages? Entrails? Oh, and yikes! Look at that gate I missed on the back of the turret!!|
|This ought to fit on a 60mm Killa Kan base...well, maybe.|
There is still a bit of clean up on the sides as well, but nothing too, too bad, mainly beneath the ropes on both sides. The turret itself still needs the most work however. For whatever reason, it was designed so that it would sit stationary and at an angle. It can neither swivel nor point directly forward which is rather annoying.
|Kindova dumb design choice if you ask me...|
As such, I figure I'll just saw off the insert from the turret bottom, smooth it out and then countersink a magnet into it. As for the hull top...I dunno, I guess the easiest method would be to fill it with greenstuff and then mash a 2nd magnet into that. Unless of course I can scrounge up something else to fit into there and countersink a magnet into that instead.