Seriously. How can something so simple be so fucking difficult? Apparently being able to measure worth a damn is a skill I lack. The two layers of the first partition in my prior post were crooked as hell, so out they came. I measured up a much more symmetrical one, measured off of the first, glued it in as well of both sides and all was good! Well, it was until...I test fit the roof and found an eight inch gap.
|An architect I am not.|
My Beloved Wolfy suggested using my mortal enemy (greenstuff) to fill said gap, but the the doors wouldn't fit either (not that they'll be closed). Furious, out it came as well which left me scrambling and scraping thru the dregs of my supplies so find something that would work. I did find an actual partition (ironically) left over from our X-Wing case that sort of fit after trimming the corners, though there's a gap above and below. No worries on those, they'll just ensure ample room for the rodentia/creepy crawlies to scurry back and forth. That and once filled with equipment they won't be all that noticeable. The gunked glue and what not will be painted as the detritus that collects in the corners of...well, everywhere.
|The primed bitz. The container's exterior will be primed green,|
requiring some masking to protect the interior.