Friday, March 15, 2024

We March-er...or-uh, mosey(?) for Macragge

 o/

Its been a busy month for me so far and as you can tell by the title, odds are that I'm not going to get all 20 of my remaining Smurf intercessors and hellblasters painted like I had originally had hoped to. Indeed, two weeks in and I've managed just five so far. 

Judging by the color, I'd say the guy in the middle pushing his plasma incinerator a little too hard...

That said, they look pretty good, and I'm rather pleased with the glowy effect on the plasma guns. The three Hellblasters bring me up to a combat squad of those guys, whereas the two Intercessors round those out to a dozen painted. Ignoring these two intercessors, I can now field 635 points of fully painted Ultramarines! So yeah, still a long ways to go. 

Beneath the grime, you can just make out some campaign badges on their thigh armor plates.

I had only intended to work on basic troops as they are both the most numerous and least exciting to paint. However after my last game with Neverness, the Librarian has wormed his way into the next batch of Smurfs to paint thanks to his glorious psychic deeds in combat! 

The next five on deck. 

Likewise the 2nd squad's sergeant is in there as well due to consistently rolling 6s to hit & wound with his bolt pistol. He's even successfully wounded a Carnifex with said bolt pistol! Curiously, he also brings 5 chainsword attacks to the table (Suck it assault intercessors!). Backing that up is another 27 CCW attacks, which ought to make even basic intercessors a worrisome target to charge into.

With luck, hopefully I'll get these five (and maybe a few more) done before the month is out. 

2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Loving the camouflage effect on the armour, totally impractical 40k, I hope you battle on yellow sands and brown ash wastes a lot! Very 40K. Cool and different from the normal parade ready Ultrasmurf look.

Da Masta Cheef said...

lol, its really painful when facing an unpainted army and we're playing on a tableful of unpainted terrain that ends up blending in better than my guys do. And yes, all too often the camo is the wrong kind, I do like the overall effect though even if it is a bit laborious to paint.

Thanks Siph!