Monday, August 12, 2024

Il-Kaithe Farseer

o/

There's some witchery in-progress!

Moving right along, I finished up my Farseer. I got this 'Warlock' off of eBay for a grand total of $11.19 with shipping and sales tax. When it arrived, I realized it was a Farseer (which was a nice trade up). As such this is my fledgling force's warlord. Not that that wouldn't have also been the case were it actually the Warlock I thought he was.

32mm base and greenstuff aside, this is how it looked when it arrived in the mail, conveniently it was already based coated in Il-Kaithe colors.

It even arrived with the spear's shaft intact,
but that wouldn't last for long...

Shortly after this guy arrived and I started painting on it, I dropped it and the singing spear's shaft snapped as I caught it. Yay. It broke at about the midway point and while fixable, I figured that future breaks would be inevitable. 

A spear no more.

While the spear is superior to the blade, this isn't a guy I want that close to the enemy anyways. 

I'm really pleased with the drybrushed highlights on his coat. 

Thus, I trimmed the shaft down to a hilt, and turned the spear into a more durable witchblade. I'm sure he also has a shuriken pistol concealed somewhere. Under his coat, bag of holding, portable hole, something like that. 

As you saw in the eBay pics above, I trimmed the 25mm base down as far as I could and glued it onto a 32mm base to match the rest of the army. I then green stuffed the gap. Once painted, sand and the tufts were applied, it all blended together nicely. 

Perfection! 

This was a fun one to paint, now back to the rank and file I guess.

I already have two guardians and one dark reaper partially base coated using excess green and purple paint from my little paint palette. I'll likely paint those as a batch to break the monotony, especially as they have similar color schemes (well ok, the Reaper has a lot black as well). 

2 comments:

neverness said...

I love how this turned out and look forward to seeing this force grow.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks! Currently its following the usual path of infantry horde because those models are the cheapest on eBay...