Sunday, April 11, 2010

Some more random stuff...

Hello all,

Well, after working on it piecemeal over the past few months, my red Ork Trukk is finally finished! I kinda screwed up the gunner a bit. His head is positioned so that the arm supporting the big shoota almost completely blocks his line of sight. However with a BS of 2, its really rather immaterial as to whether an Ork can see his target or not before pulling the trigger.





On the Heavy Gear front, I've completed my first LHT-71. Well, actually this is my 2nd, the first came out so well, that approximately 24 hours after receiving my PAK starter army, it was bathing in some simple green to remove a bad paint job! The starter box didn't have any decals, and in trying to make my own, the numbers were too really be legible, so I opted for some I.G. numbers.



...and lastly, a bit of a correction on the Triceratops cast. It came from a museum in North Dakota (the name of which escapes me), whereas the actual Triceratops fossils on loan were from the Discovery Museum in the Shenandoah. Yeah I know, boring but should be noted.

I had Friday off, so I went to the Museum, and managed to drybrush the entire skull! It took me roughly 5 hours to do. The staff seemed to be pleased though, so it was worth it! They hope to have the whole skeleton ready for assembly in December. I think that i can do that, maybe. There sure is a lot of casts in the collections hall!



Here I am at about the halfway point. The top part of the snout & horn in back have yet to be drybrushed at this point, so you can sorta see the transition in color here.

2 comments:

Dverning said...

I just have to say: The Triceratops project is AWESOME. I'd totally volunteer for that kind of project...

Da Masta Cheef said...

The collections director emailed me yesterday to let me know that the skull would be out on public display by today at the latest, so i suppose it passed muster. :-)