Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Vermintide continues...

o/

Whilst I feel like I've been on a spending spree here of late, my out of pocket expense hasn't been too bad. Virtually all of my purchases were either financed by the sale of something else via ebay (where these minis were also bought) or else from a small, and unexpected bonus I got at work. Thus the influx of Skaven has had minimal if any effect on my already (and always) depleted checking account. That said, purchases will prettymuch grind to halt as I have a bucket load to paint, and a short attention span. Also I just got a half priced but still new Skaven army book, also from ebay that came w/o an offsetting sale. Thus the above rationalization is already moot I guess. :-/

Anyways...

First up, my BSB:

I think there is a banner of Clan Superiority, seems an appropriate chioce considering this banner was taken from the Empire!

Yes he's just a Stormvermin with a clanrat flag, but as stated before, the Stormvermin standard bitz were pricey, whereas this army is being done on the cheap. Speaking of that standard, it looks like its been dropped and trampled on the ground, drug through the mud, and then taken to the under empire via a hole in the ground. Fitting for a Skaven standard. Beneath all that grime though, you can still make out the blue and yellow of Bob's Nordland army...

That fancy shield has 'unit champion' written all over it. Not sure which unit though...
Then there are a few more Clanrats that I painted last weekend, now with washers on their bases. Lost count of how many washers I glued to skaven bases this week...

These lesser races shall be herded to their doom!

Oh, and the Slave regiment has arrived!


No comments: