Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Imperial Guard re-emerge!

o/

So, whilst rooting around in the spare room in a desperate search for the snow flock (that I haven't used in years) for Kushial's Leviathan's base, I found a few bedraggled survivors from several of my old Imperial Guard armies. I haven't fielded the IG since...well, they were actually called the Imperial Guard.

Yeah, fuck rebranding just for copyrightability. 

I knew I still had the Commissar...somewhere, but the rest: no.

The dirty...half-dozen?

The green and brown guardsmen are lead by Sgt. R'Kansas and his huge double-barreled shotgun. They're the sole survivors from my old 110th Ryza Pioneers army. The Heavy Bolter gunner is from an older, urban warfare/Military Police themed (if I recall correctly), all metal Cadian army. Honetly I don't recall much about that force.

Dating from back from when the Catachan models still looked cool. 

Then there's the Catachan Lt.. This has always been one of my favorite minis. In fact, I saw it painted on someone else's blog recently, and was wondering just why I'd sold it. Especially as it often goes for $15-$20+ on ebay. Thus, I was happily surprised to find that not only do I still have this mini, but he even has a pet dog! No idea when/where that bit came from, but it's staying regardless.

Alles Klar, Herr Kommissar?

And then...we have the Venerable Commissar Borg. His name, 'Commissar Borg' came from one of those little blue army brochure/pamphlets that could be found in the 40k section of the game shop back in the days of 2nd edition. Somebody added 'The Venerable' to it at some point (I forget who) due to the mini's age, and he's been known as that ever since. This is the first Imperial Guard mini I've ever bought! He's been painted and 'armed' several times over the years, and has executed Guardsmen in every IG army I've ever had. Yes, he's sometimes killed enemy models too.

Now that I know that I have them again, I guess they'll be commandeered by the Inquisitorial Kill Team. Not sure if any will get repainted any time soon, but they may eventually.

3 comments:

neverness said...

I love it! Classic DLWDG characters return! Can't wait to see what you do with them next.

If only you didn't ditch Da Masta Cheef...

Admiral Drax said...

YAY GUARD! YAY!

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Neverness: Eh, sometimes I miss that mini, but not enough to buy another and attempt to paint up a re-tread. Not sure what I'll do with this bunch. Am thinking a dip in the simple green (not Borg though) and then paint em up into a consistent scheme at least....

@Drax: :-)