Thursday, October 18, 2018

FIVE! Five painted Silver Drakes!

Ah, ah, ah....

lol, sorry, I just had to.

I present to you, the 1st photo taken on my new iPhone.

Anyways...well it took awhile, but I finally finished the 'batch painting' slog. Hobby time has been at the minimum here of late, so these took a bit longer than I had anticipated. I missed the 1st week of the FLGS' Kill Team league (which luckily you can miss a week of without penalty) so not having them finished really didn't matter (not that there are any points for paint). 

Whilst the numbers are still visible after dirtying up, how visible they'll be on the table top remains to be seen...

Their sergeant and the rest of my Primaris marines will have to wait a bit, as my 40k ADHD won't allow me to paint anymore of them without painting something else first. What? Hell if know...will just have to see what painting whim catches my fancy...

5 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

They look great, love the #cough# Alpha Legion colours on the arms ;) and I see you are another HBS sufferer... Hobby Butterfly Syndrome, flutter to various projects, never settling on the same for long...

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks!

lol, yeah you're not the first to comment on their similarity to the Alpha Legion, though given how I had my Alpha Legionnaires differently for 30k, I didn't see it when coming up with this color scheme. Besides, the Alpha Legion wouldn't be so stupid as to be duped into taking on a Hive fleet single handedly! Loyalists on the other hand...

And yes, most of the time I'm lucky to even get just one mini finished before my mind is off and running in another direction...

neverness said...

Is that what it's called? I got that bad....

WestRider said...

They look good all together like that. I like how the winter bases came out.

I've never cared for the metallic Alpha Legion colour scheme, so they didn't give me that impression, but I can see how they could.

It does kind of amuse me what different people think of as a serious batch painting grind. As someone who has played a number of Horde Armies over the years, 5 Models at a time is just sort of my baseline anymore. The kind of batch painting that wears me down is stuff like in August, when I had to do three dozen Daemonettes in a few days before an event.

Also in response to your video link up there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXPnH0C9UA

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Neverness: The struggle is real!

@Westrider: Thanks, i appreciate it, and lol - GREAT video!!!

Same here, they don't strike me as Alpha Legion, but Siph is now the 2nd one to mention it, so I suppose that there is a passing resemblance at least. Also yes, I used to batch paint whole squads, it just seems that nowadays the numbers per batch are getting ever smaller...