Monday, May 20, 2019

I HAZ SPESS MAHWEEN!!

lol, sorry, but when it comes to buying a Funko Pop Marine, I think 'lol cats' speak is appropriate. I sent pics of this to the gang, Hoss, Screech and Kushial were amused, Neverness, not so much. 

I think the lack of a bobble-head option is a missed opportunity...

Meanwhile Funko Pop collectors are no doubt choking on their Mountain Dew thinking: Ack! You IDIOT! You don't take 'em out of the box! You're depreciating it's (meager $10) resale value!!

Yeah what the fuck ever. Personally I think the only reason people never take these out of their respective boxes is that it makes 'em easier to dust off.

As for this one, I need to find a suitable plinth/base for it. Will then prime it black followed by dry brushing in various shades of grey (to look like stone) and then will use it as an Honored Imperium (Impeerweeum?) Kill Team/40k terrain piece.  

6 comments:

WestRider said...

Nice! I keep mine in the boxes because they don't fall over as much like that, and they fit perfectly in one of the small shelves I have that isn't good for much else. Doing it to "preserve their value" is stupid. Painting it up as statuary to use in-game is an awesome idea, tho!

...I'm probably going to end up with all four of these. Might have to do that with at least one :D

neverness said...

Funkopop seems to be infesting retailers everywhere I look. But, I confess, Imperial statuary does seem like an...acceptable... use for one of these things.

Kushial said...

The only reason mine are still in boxes is because stacking them means more can be displayed ..... There might be 115 or so of them in my living room ...

Monkeychuka said...

It's not a bobble head?! Aww man! Still as cute as a button though.

Da Masta Cheef said...

I just keep imagining my Tau Muppets fighting again the Emprah's forces with this statue as a back drop! :-D

As for keepin 'em in the boxes, I've seen photos of a guy here locally (and no, not Kushial) who's whole living/game room wall is covered top to bottom, and end to end with funko pop boxes. Its kinda mind boggling to me. And sadly no, no bobble head though it does swivel at the least.

WestRider said...

Just picked up the Blood Angel one while I was over at the FLGS for their Tuesday 4-Pack Sealed MtG thing. Standing next to Bucky right now.