Monday, September 4, 2023

Ultramarines update

 o/

My last two Ultramarine assault intercessors are complete. The other five will go to the Black Dragons.

I'm really liking the laser cut plants!

The squad as a whole.

While a Star Wars legion AT-RT and a handful of Black Dragon Intercessors are vying for total control of my hobby time at the moment, that doesn't mean that there aren't any other side projects in progress as well. For example, this week I finished up my last two Ultramarine assault intercessors which you can see above.

The painted army thus far.

This brings the painted portion of my army to twenty minis. Due to my short attention span, I'm pretty sure that I haven't had that many marines painted in the same color scheme since going all the way back to my Storm Wardens from about a decade or so ago.

Both the Ultramarines and Black Dragons will each get at least five Hellblasters apiece. As is the case with most squads, in that they only come in numbers of five and ten now, it remains to be seen as to which army will get the remaining five.

Here of late the Black Dragons have been syphoning off units from this army. As if I was ever going to paint 30 intercessors all in the same color scheme anyways. Nonetheless, both forces easily clock in at 1000 points each, though I can't field them side-by-side, as unpainted minis slide freely back and forth between the two armies. 

I'm thinking that the female space marine in back will be promoted to be the sergeant of my 2nd, 5-strong squad of intercessors. She'll be taking one of the AGL gunners with her, meaning the next two painted Ultramarine intercessors will still go to this squad.

Lastly we have Captain Horridus, the Company's Ancient, and the only vehicle in the army, my servo-strike turret.


2 comments:

neverness said...

I love this force. If I were to add anything to this, I would probably add a Redemptior Dred. It would make for a nice Centerpiece model I think.

Da Masta Cheef said...

One day perhaps, thanks!