Monday, September 7, 2026

The Quar...again.

 o/

Five more, ready and raring to go to...probably just collect dust.

I got burned out painting Battletech stuff, and Star Wars Legion is more or less on the backburner as my opponent Tom has gone more or less MIA. Gaming wise that is. He is alive & well, however is always busy and lacks the time to play. 

So, why not minis for something else I don't play, right? Right. 

My two Toulmore Mortar Quar. The different color rims of the bases are for their differing teams. Tomorrow's shipment will have 2 loaders who will also be carrying mortar ammo packs as well as a bogen (rifle) to defend said teams. 

Mortar teams don't benefit from the 'team' rule, but there are few hard & fast rules on assembling your forces, so my Toulmore mortars teams will be of two Quar apiece.

Besides, Asmodee is a lot of GW'ish tendencies/aspirations that make spending more $$$ on Legion a questionable endeavor. Not to mention Tom aside, 90%+ of the player base seem to be meta hopping/uber-combo shopping WAAC players, which...does not appeal. 

My forthcoming Is-Caerten's command team, a Yawdryl (Sgt.) on the left and cook on the right.

I like how it looks like he is pushing aside this stand of brush. The red skin was a bit more vibrant than intended, so I only painted this one Quar like that.

A 2nd Ryshi gunner to flesh out the squad. A Ryshi is essentially a short barreled Anti-tank (or Tractor in the Quar's case) rifle, with a bayonet as they are a bit unwieldy as point blank range.

If you haven't already noticed, I've tufted the hell out of their bases. I love the unruly riot of weeds & wild flowers that they are walking through.

There is another fan of the Quar in the area, I don't know what he does for a living, but I've only ever seen him at the FLGS in person maybe 2-3 times since moving here. So, there's that. Nonetheless, I like the little guys and have another 14 arriving tomorrow: A 12 strong Toulmore rhyfler squad (two of which will go to the mortar teams), a Crusader Is-Caerten (Lt.) and a special character looking guy that I just thought looked neat. I may just put him on a pedestal if I can find one and paint him up like a statue. We shall see I guess.

Like 40k, or SWL, who are the good guys vs. who are the bad, is open to interpretation. That said, these guys are stomping thru enough flowers to give a nod to the notion of not being the good guys.

Previously I had these on 20mm bases, in hopes of fighting in my caverns terrain. Maybe if I get some  Fidowggers I'll revisit that idea. 


No comments: