Thursday, February 5, 2015

Question: What do you call a Quar with a mortar?

Answer:  A 'Quarter'! (buh-dum-ching!)

Shut up Screech you know that was funny! You too Rob! 

The first Quar I've painted in well over a year!
 As you can tell, spirits are high in the Quar camp as they're on the eve of their first battle! My poor Quar. They've spent years of quiet neglect, waiting in their cases for Screech to actually assemble his Germans (one tank and a handful of infantry doesn't count as 'assembled' either), or for Rob to just pick a side. He's been looking for what seems like forever and I thought he'd finally Finnished (again: buh-dum-ching!), but hell, last I heard he was looking at the Norwegians!?!

What the hell Rob? Just pick one will ya???

Luckily, Bob's Germans will be taking to the field tomorrow night, and I'll try to have both my camera AND its battery this time for a bat rep. No doubt we will fuck up rules through-out as its our first game, but who the hell cares. At least I'll finally get to play and I'm really looking forward to it!

4 comments:

thebob489 said...

Oh, I know I'll fuck up the rules lol

SinSynn said...

Those are so cool!
:)
They're for Bolt Action?
That game allows wacky proxies?

If it does, I might actually be interested in it.

SinSynn said...

Silly me.
I obviously DID miss a buncha posts leading up to this.

I really like this proxy idea for Bolt Action...
Cool stuffs. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more about this.

Da Masta Cheef said...

lol, yup. The Quar is an alien race who's level of technology on their on world is somewhere between WWI & steampunk. They certainly aren't capable of space travel. However they fit snugly into Bolt Action making it Weird War II. I opted for a British list as I have a Quar with a kilt and bag pipes!

The group I'm in was okay with it as I said I would play the game. Curiously though, most of them have been dragging their feet ever since we decided to give it a go.