Friday, September 4, 2015

The latest survivors of the simple green...

o/

Invariably, when some paint jobs have reached the end of their useful lifespan, the model wearing that paint often hasn't. Some go onto to ebay, and others go into the Simple Green. Here are the latest wrecks (post scrubbing and rinsing) to emerge from the green (which had turned black after a few weeks of soaking):

Ya know you like those Necron Gauss hatch hinges!

This poor rhino came to me via ebay. It served with me as an Inquisition Rhino for most of its career, plus the Dark Angels (briefly), and going by the colors layers discovered, it apparently came to me as a Space Wolf vehicle. Its next stop: 30k.


I'm pretty sure there's hull damage under the pasticard on the front hull, so I'll leave it be. A lot of the little gribbly bitz on the tank were lost during the paint scrubbing, but a recent sift thru my bitz box found replacements for all those lost, and some more fun options as well.

He will have a Forgeworld backpack at least...
 Sticking with 30k, here's the former Storm Wardens' Captain I killed Draigo. Yes, it hurts to erase such a glorious history but as he's one of the few survivors of an army that went the way of ebay, this guy too will join my 30k Blackshields. 



Then there's this little bastard!

Still not thinking the new paint will include a red coat...

Its rare that a simple scrubbing with a toothbrush doesn't remove all of the paint aside from a few little bits in the nooks and crannies. However this fucker required an exacto to scrape a hellova lot of it off! Plus, his mace (always easily bendable) snapped off, revealing an air bubble in the cast which explained that issue. So he got a simple choppa instead.

He also got a shield (luckily that's a vaible piece of wargear in GorkaMorka) as when I removed the old shield, it was a really bad hackjob underneath! Either I had just gotten my dremel, or was still using a rasp and files. Either way, that had to be covered! he also got the only Ork slugga I found in my bitz box!

Also, just an FYI, this coming holiday weekend will be spent with family in the mountains of North Carolina, so don't look for a Monday update. Instead you'll have to wait till Thursday.

Have a good weekend folks!

3 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Excellent. Lovin' the rhino. Esp the gauss flayer hinges.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Yes, when serving with my inquisitors, I tended to the field radical ones...

greggles said...

The grot...is flippin AWESOME!