Monday, June 26, 2017

My 1st Ork of 8th ed!


Now...I haven't actually bought anything for 8th ed yet. Nor have I played a game of it, but this is my 1st 40k mini painted in 8th, and he's armed with weapons which are unique to this edition:

ROKKIT PISTOLS!!!
(yes, those 2 words, put together just amuse the hell out of me for not logical reason...)

Note the Lions of Harlech
helm on the base.
It was a bit slow going as I'm still trying to snap out of my 40k malaise, Kill Team and Necromunda 1.3 Shadow War not included. Nonetheless its done and I'm quite happy with the mini, and he'll 'round out my Tankbustas to an even 10 Orks.

As you can see by his looted armor, this Ork is a veteran of the sacking of Rynn's World. Which is always a nice middle finger to marine players, especially those who field chapters of the Imperial Fists' heritage.

Beakie tanks make da best Orky armor!

Speaking of...I believe the Lions of Harlech technically fall into that category, and Kushial and I have a game tentatively scheduled for this coming weekend, allowing for us to give 8th ed itself a try.


4 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Awesome! Really dig the looted armor in particular, that turned out fantastic!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thank you sir!!!

neverness said...

The looted armor is definitely a nice touch! For a long time I thought about kitbashing together some Lootas or Tankbustas using bits of tank as armor, but in the end it felt like more work than it would be worth.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Using actual tank parts would, yes. However simply painting/using decals on the mini's existing armor in the colors of a previously vanquished foe works just as well.