Monday, January 22, 2018

Yeah, so this happened...


Neverness and Bob both have the starter boxes with both the vile Concord and treacherous Ghar Empire armies, Kris has another evil, alien race, the Isorlians and Waaarghpug has the fugly and beligerant rock people, so it was up to me to field the 'good guys'.

I wanna blame Neverness who will no doubt take full credit given that he bought me a squad of Ghar Tectorists 2 years ago. But Bob also deserves some of that after he posted on our local gaming group's FB page, a link to get the basic rules for free. Yup, reading thru that was also was a big nudge in this direction, especially as the more I read (especially on blogs), that BtGoA really isn't Bolt Action in space!

Conformity of color....no, its not going to be a thing with my rebels.

And last but not least, lets not forget good ol' GW, who released 8th ed 40k which I really, really don't like. Yup, good job guys. The above was financed by (mostly) your minis going the way of ebay.

In addition to the above, I also have a ghar rebel command squad and a Rebel commander in a battlesuit that ought to be arriving from England any day now. All in all I have about 300 points which ought to be anough for a few demo-games to see whether or not I want to pursue this game further or not.

5 comments:

Admiral Drax said...

Brilliant. I'd love the game if only o could buy into its aesthetic. Love the mechanic; just don't like the look of it.

I'm sure it'll make for some great games!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Yeah that's primarily what has been holding me back. The Ghar kinda grew on me, though I'm still notta huge fan of their battle suits. But for a commander, its the best choice available aside from a command crawler which is a pricey purchase right out of the gate. Luckily the Ghar rebels fit my usual play style: the endless horde of mediocrity.

Ghar rebels aside, most factions' aesthetics strike me as bland, blocky/old 80's sculpts (like the algoryn tanks), or just plain ugly (boromites) which was a big deterrent.

neverness said...

Yikes, now I really need to get cracking on my modela!

Mordian7th said...

Nice! Looking forward to seeing 'em come together!

thebob489 said...

One of us, one of us. I think it will be a fun game.