Thursday, January 18, 2018

You wanted this done when?

...it was the end of 2018 right? lol!

Slowly getting there...

Progress remains slow and waaaaaaay behind schedule, but... it is progressing. The current issue is I've hit a snag. My attempt to make a stencil for the front hull/shoulders crashed in burned horribly. So, I guess it'll be decals then.

...very slowly.

Fallout hobbies whose (awesome) custom decals I've used before, is too expensive for this particular project. I contacted a decal maker who offers custom work, but they never replied back (thanks dick). Following that waste of time, I contacted Fighting Piranha Graphics who responded quickly and forwarded it onto their artist. But I've yet to here back from him due to their backlog. Compounding the issue, they're taking the entire month of February off! Gee, must be nice.

The empty souls stones will be 'ard coated when all is said and done.

Anyways, in the interim I'm puttering along with the dread. The base is done at least. rather than the odd, oval one that came with it, I ordered a round 80mm, Eldar ruins base from a caster in Greece. Kushial despises all forms of vile xenos just as much as the Space Wolves, and myself, Bob, and Neverness, all field Eldar in their various forms. All the base needs is snow (to be applied after the dread is added), and its basically good to go. A fringe benefit of not going with a Space Wolves themed base is I don't need to drizzle any yellow ink onto the snow...


4 comments:

neverness said...

Glad to hear this thing knows to stay out of Space Wolf territory.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Which is clearly demarcated by a line of yellow snow...

neverness said...

Clearly.

Kushial said...

It's looking good there Cheef, and with the rare number of games I get in there is no hurry on that front. But don't worry Neverness, I'll find some other way to take a swipe that the Chaotic Space Puppies.