Thursday, June 21, 2018

Meng King Tiger WIP 2

o/

I'm chugging along, albeit slowly. The top and rear hulls are now attached and base coated as well. A note on that: being a snap-fit model, once the hull is assembled, it ain't coming apart! So make sure you have the tracks on beforehand as I don't envy anyone trying to put them on with the fenders already in place...

You can see how well I planned out this project by just how poorly
the road wheel colors match up with the hull's camo...

I'm pretty happy with the camo thus far, though I'm thinking it might need a bit more green. Dunno, we'll see I guess. I lost the hull mounted MG when I tried to force the bit into it's allotted slot and it instead popped out from between my fingers and disappeared into thin air (seriously, I didn't hear it even hit the floor)! A short, profanity-laced search ensued, but ended quickly when I spotted a spare heavy stubber.

I still need to add the details, like shovels, tow chains and the like.

I shortened the length and it fit into the hull mount w/o any further modification needed. So, whilst I previously was debating using this for a resurrected (in some form) Bolt action army, instead I'll stick with my original plan and use it as a Vanquisher for 30k/40k. To that end I ordered a Onager Dunecrawler's neutron laser bit to use as a vanquisher cannon. It ought to fit to the turret's gun mantlet perfectly!

With some luck, I'll have the hull done and the turret in-progress by this time next week.

4 comments:

Admiral Drax said...

Cracking colour scheme!

Zzzzzz said...

Kool. You've seen the one's on Inso's blog, right ?

Zzzzzz said...

Oh yeah. Scroll down, Zzzzz, try to keep up.

Da Masta Cheef said...

lolz!!