Monday, July 9, 2018

Its not the heat, its the humidity...


Those words, so often spoken are of comfort to NO ONE!!!

Yup, I'm in Florida...how'd ya guess?


As you read this, I'm currently fleeing the seventh circle of hell Florida in a Ryder rent-a-truck via I-75. My mom sold her house in Florida, and bought a new one in Knoxville TN. Thus, I flew down to help transfer her stuff from a non-climate controlled storage unit (wtf Mom?), to then put it all into the back of the no doubt even hotter Ryder truck this past weekend. 

Even being former Floridian myself I have to ask:  Why the fuck does everyone decide to move in the summer time??? I mean seriously, what the hell?!?

Actually I'm posting this in advance of my departure, so there's a chance that rather than fleeing in the aforementioned truck, I instead succumbed to the heat, and am instead lying as a sun-scorched and desiccated corpse in a storage unit complex somewhere in central Florida. 

If I post something thursday, you'll know I survived... 

7 comments:

CounterFett said...

Sory Cheef. Been there, done that, didn't get a shirt, only got some pizza and soda.

To answer your question though, the reason people do it in the summer is that, even though the heat sucks, it's still better than moving in the rain. I did that too, to help a college friend some years back.

It was the worst.

Zzzzzz said...

You're swamp dog food now, boi !

Natfka said...

Da Masta Cheef,
Any chance You might host a NOCF Charity banner for their 2018 Summer Raffles. If you have an interest, please let me know by emailing me at natfka@live.com

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Counterfett: I dunno, a 97 degree heat index two days in a row was an exercise in sheer misery.

@Zzzzz: feels like it, yes.

@Natfka: Sure, but how do I do that?

Natfka said...

Can you shoot me an email so I can give you the information you need. natfka@live.com

There are some amazing raffles this year. Very excited. I have the banners (your choice that fits best) in a personal dropbox, so I will give you the link to get a banner through email along with everything else you need.
Awesome and thank you for helping. I will make certain you get on the NOCF Supporting sites list.

Da Masta Cheef said...

I sent one yesterday, but will do so again incase it got lost in the chatter.

WestRider said...

CounterFett is right. Having done both multiple times, moving in the rain does end up being more miserable, and has a higher chance of ruining your stuff in the process, to boot.

My pet peeve is "At least it's a dry heat!" Don't get me wrong, I know there are places that get more humidity, but 75% humidity is NOT a "dry heat".