Monday, July 16, 2018

Time to restart the painting queue...


PAINT! 

I finally have paint!

One of these is not like the others...

...and as you'll no doubt surmise by the unopened bottles, I haven't actually used any of it yet. During the first week of July, Hasslefree Miniatures had a 20% off sale on all items. They carry the Coat D'arms brand of paints, which is the company GW used back when I first got into 40k. As such they carry many of my old favorite colors that GW no longer does. 

Better yet, the have bigger bottles than GW, and lower prices as well (even before the discount). So, despite the larger bottles, the unfavorable exchange rate between the US dollar vs. the British pound, and shipping direct from England, these were approximately 40% cheaper than the GW paints I could have bought at the FLGS. Hasslefree was out of black paint however, hence the locally purchased Vallejo bottle. Additionally, I bought a can of primer so that I can finally finish the turret of my Vanquisher

However, I've instead been too busy gluing space marine bitz to my fingers rather than each other (as intended) to restart the paint queue just yet...

2 comments:

neverness said...

I need to get some of these.

Da Masta Cheef said...

I had sent ya a link during the sale...