Monday, November 19, 2018

My Daughters of the Burning Rose Kickstarter pledge


o/

My KS freebee Inquisitor (not sure when/if I'll ever use her). 

Well that was a hellacious week...with no hobbying whatsoever aside from putting together the base in my prior post. 

All was a blur, so I'll just skip forward to Friday morning. Whilst making my morning chai latte (aka: a massive jolt of sugar and caffeine) in my cube, I was checking email and praying the day would go easily by (and no, those prayers were not answered!). I did see at least that I got the pledge manager email from the Not Sisters of Battle, the: Daughters of the Burning Rose kickstarter.  

Cyber-Assassins, priced 2-for-1 vs. the post-KS retail price!

I've never made a purchase from Anvil Industry before except for my Grymn Mortars I got on ebay for next to nothing. That said, most of the stuff on their website is drool worthy, and I've wanted to buy lots from them over the years! Thus, I was at least able to enjoy my lunch hour as I perused the pledge manager and built my minis. 

Anvil's modular designs allow for everything from pseudo SoBs, to medieval-esques armored women with crossbows, to the Adeptus Mechanicus-looking militia that I've assembled for my pledge. They'll  accompany my Tech Priest Dominus, and be allied to my Renegade/Blackshield Iron Hands (in the event that I ever play 30k again). Regardless, they'll be a fun addition to a (very) slow burn side project and as an aside, the only actual army I'm working on. Everything else is just Kill Teams. 

I've selected both head options.

Not sure what the actual ETA for shipment of these is, but all of these particular minis are already in production, so hopefully it won't be too far down the road...

11 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

I like the aesthetics of these, more puritan Sisters than 'boob plate high heels', some would say not W40K but I say the galaxy is big enough for both! I have used Dreamforge Games Valkir Heavy Troops as a basis for my SoB, with Statuesque Miniatures Heroic Scale Female heads - again, a puritan look. I do like that last Nun/Trooper... quite AdMech / Puritan Sister.

Mine Example: http://weemen.blogspot.com/2017/02/alternative-sisters-of-battle.html

Blazmo said...

I'm sure they'll be really nice when they arrive. Anvil do the best resin casting in the business. Literally no flaws on anything ever. I've had a lot of their stuff, done some reviews and I went and met the team once too. Great guys, and excellent products.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Indeed, those Valkir work really well as SoBs too! What little we've seen of the plastic SoBs looks like they'll not stray far (if at all) from their metal fore-bearers, kinda sad really. I think that there is a boob plate option (with fleur-de-lis), but as you've already seen, I went in a different direction with my 'sisters'.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Blazmo: Thanks! That's good news to hear!

WestRider said...

Oh, wow. Looks like I should have checked back on that KS later. When I looked at it toward the start, the options were a lot more limited (or at least fewer of them had pics of the actual sculpts), and what was there didn't interest me, but these are pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Zzzzzz said...

I'd better look at my email. I might be holding the whole thing up...

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Westrider: I was fine with 'em looking like SoBs w/o boob armor to be honest. However when I saw all of the options in the pledge manager I kinda had a field day. Its a shame I didn't have more funds to increase the number of minis I'll be getting by double, but such is life I guess...

@Zzzzzz: asleep at the wheel as usual I see, lol.

Mordian7th said...

Sweet! Anvil does such good work - I have to resist looking at their site too often for fear of emptying my wallet! :)

Da Masta Cheef said...

Considering how much you've spent on forgeworld, I'm amazed that there's anything left in your wallet! :-P

WestRider said...

I have no problem with the basic "Not SoB" look they had. I just don't have any projects in mind that would use Models like that. But there's so much in the expanded range that would be awesome for Inquisitorial or Rogue Trader retinues and stuff.

Monkeychuka said...

Thats vaguely reminiscent of Tier 2 Paladin armor. I like it! Sadly I can never return to WoW as it sucked the life out of me for years.