Monday, December 2, 2019

Its all about the bases...

o/

I hope all of you Americans out there are all still fat and happy (and not terribly bloated) after eating all of that food on Turkey day. I know I am!

The base itself is an excellent value, and that's not including the three freebee smaller bases. These-with shipping from Greece, clocked in at a mere $13.44!
Highly recommended!!

All is pretty quiet on the non-battletech front here of late. I did however order a new flyer base off of ebay that's both textured, as well as having a deep cut out for the flight stand to fit in. I've always thought that just having the flight stand glued to a flat base might be an easy break point, so this will hopefully alleviate that concern whenever it is that I get around to building my Dakka Jet kit. 

Don't hold your breath though, I bought it when it first came out back in...2012? And uh...yeah, its still in the box and on the sprue. 

5 comments:

neverness said...

I hope you build it so da Boyz can 'ave a dog...um, squig fight in da skies!!!

WestRider said...

I've never actually had a flyer base break there, but I really like the idea of those bases with the cut-outs for the stand. For ease of transportation and not having a weird chunk that's essentially impossible to paint, if nothing else.

And yeah, that's great value on that, too. I book marked it, gonna look into getting a base there for my planned Iron Warriors Knight.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Neverness: I can't claim that I coined the name (because I didn't), but adding a 'Squig-21' is one option for Da' Groop!

@WestRider: Indeed, I've never seen one break there either, but with my luck...

And yeah, they're great bases, and free-bees are always included. I bought one for Kushial's 'Doom of Neverness' Dreadnought from hell that I painted a few years back. Shipping is surprisingly quick as well.

Monkeychuka said...

13 bucks! I just bought a load of the GW shaped based for significantly more than that! Oh man, I'm doing it wrong aren't I?

Da Masta Cheef said...

Perhaps? Admittedly, I'm not sure how he/she makes a profit by selling at such a low price...