Thursday, March 19, 2020

My Bolt Action motor pool has quadrupled!

o/

There's an excess of transport capacity, but not much in the way of firepower...

Expanding further on my minis for unplayed armies theme, my Vickers Light Tank Mk VIb, 15 CWT truck and tilly arrived for my Bolt Action Quar 'army'. All scale nicely with each other as well as my universal carrier which is always a concern when mixing manufacturers, even within the same scale. 


No flash, no warping? Hey Forgeworld, PAY ATTENTION!!!


I hack-sawed my last unpainted Quar in half to fit in the turret, and cut the gunner's hatch in two. I also added an antenna and the crew kit and stowage came from spare Quar bitz.

The tank is from Blitzkrieg Miniatures. This was my first purchase from them, and was both quick to arrive and flawlessly cast, I highly recommend them! It was a little pricey, but I'm okay with paying for quality products. 

Yeah there's print lines, but these are among the better end of my 3d printed mini collection so far, and light years better in quality than that wrecked dreadnought!

Going on the cheap however, I bought the truck and tilly from Rosa Miniatures and Games, an ebay seller with a large catalog of 3D printed vehicles, most of them for WWII. They worked with me as I only wanted one of each (they're normally sold in pairs, one canvas covered and the other with an open bed). Good communication, and good minis in my opinion. I'd buy from them again. 

It may have wide doors, but there's only room
for one pot-bellied Quar in that tiny cab!

The cab of the tilly seems a bit small for the pear-shaped Quar physique. Initially I was thinking it was too small for any use but then recalled looking in real life cars of the 1930s and 40s and thinking to myself 'there's no way I'd ever fit in there...' (I'm 6'6" tall and none too slim for those who don't know). Besides, in the 1940s, ergonomic crew comfort wasn't even a consideration for wartime production. 

So just the driver will ride in the cab I guess with my officers, or maybe the AT-rifle team riding in back (if anything at all...these two vehicles will likely serve as terrain more than they will as transports). 


4 comments:

Cergorach said...

I don't want to be annoying, but I do see flash on that resin tank (wheels). I do think that FW should take notes... ;-)

Da Masta Cheef said...

lol, oh by all means do so (I also do)! Yeah I noticed that afterwards in the pic as well. Still, its much less than FW>

John Lambshead said...

Not familiar with Rosa....will look him up.

Da Masta Cheef said...

There's not much of anything on their actual website John, but if you follow the link to their ebay store, you'll see that they have a rather large inventory. They also respond quickly to ebay messages.