Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The Quar infantry are COMPLETE!!!



All of them! Yes, the entire collection...sounds quite impressive doesn't it? Or, at least it does until I admit that I only have what is pictured above...and well, technically there are more Quonsets to paint...


The last batch of seven took me a bit longer than I intended, and they did require a trip to the FLGS as I had run out of whatever long oop GW brown wash I had used on the original minis. I opted for Seraphim Sepia and honestly can't tell the new from the old so it was a pretty good match.

Okay, so there's a slight difference...but ya really gotta look for it!

Like the other three, these Quar are crunching around in the fallen leaves of Autumn, be they on the 'ground' or hung up in the tufts of grass. Speaking of the tufts, I apparently got some glue for the flocking into the grass as well. Initially I was trying to remove the flock that stuck to it (largely resulting in the removal of the entire grass strands) but decided that (1) it just looked like a different type of weeds if left as-is and (2) it was much easier to leave 'em be. 

Their rucksacks are all the same barring that of the platoon cook. His has several unidentifiable gubbins on it which were a bit challenging to paint as I wasn't sure what they were. 

With my meager collection of Quar infantry painted, all I have left is the equally sparse remainder of the Quar motor pool. They're is still out in space somewhere, consisting of a Vickers light tank coming from Blitzkrieg minis, as well as a pair of 3D printed vehicles: a 15 CWT truck and a Tilly. The latter two were purchased off of ebay and can double as terrain as easily as they can be used in an army.

I do wonder at the value of unarmed, soft skinned transports in games of Bolt Action, although the question is largely academic I suppose. Locally the game is dead (currently), not that I'm a big of a fan of it to begin with and well...this collection shaping up to be more of a hodgepodge of early war and Home Guard units that I like, rather than any sort of proper force that would be worth a damn on the table top. 

For now though I'm not sure what to paint next...Battletech? Orks? 15mm infantry? Astral Claws? Black Templars? Dunno, will see when I next pic up a brush I guess.


Photos fixed...sure was nice of blogger to wreck almost all of them wasn't it?




5 comments:

neverness said...

Bolt Action isn't dead locally, you just aren't going where it's played. There is a massive group that meets every Sunday in Kingsport. They are mostly older gents, but they are really into it.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Technically I'm not going anywhere to play anything. You are right though as I don't go to Kingsport, so by 'locally' I guess I just mean hobbytown.

Monkeychuka said...

Seraphim Sepia. Never leave home without it. These are great and military webbing is supposed to contain all sorts of mystery 'gubbins'. I actually like the metal grating. Interesting colours to compliment your models.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Its a shame we can't play on that surface though, just one roll of the dice would end up with 'em everywhere, and likely all of those left on the table would be 'leaners'...

Isaac Gordon said...

Yourr the best