Monday, May 4, 2020

The WHOLE Silver Drakes chapter is painted!!!

For the first time in my entire gaming career, I've managed to fully paint a collection of one particular faction! Yes the first time ever!! 

Don't get too excited though, as I only have eight minis in said collection...and it is at this point the majority of new visitors to this blog will mutter something about 'click-bait' and close the window...my whereas 'regulars' knew it was a joke as soon as you read the title.


Indeed, rather than sound as impressive as my title made it out to be, it has taken me what-3 weeks to paint 3 Primaris marines? Impressive indeed.

The squad as a whole.

Well, I think that that's a Blood Claw icon.
I think they look good and am pleased with the end result. Of particular note is Blood Claw icon on the sergeant's right greave armor plate. It seems that at some point in this marine's career he fought either alongside or directly in service to the Illustrious Space Wolves chapter. Their influence is apparent as he is the only one of my Silver Drakes to be specifically armed for close combat. Indeed, outside of kill team the only hope these marines have of seeing battle is to fight alongside of another allied force, such as Neverness' Wolves

Its hard to see, but the jaw is
laying just behind to the skull.
Another detail which isn't quite as easily discernible when photographed (at least by me), is the sergeant's helm on the one bolter grunt's base. So desperate is their fight against the Nids that rather than even pausing to retrieve the skull and helm of this lost battle brother, he's is merely stepping over it. No doubt it's position will at the least be recorded for later recovery.

Anyways, as the *whole* chapter is now painted (...snicker...), I suppose it's only fitting to finish this out with full chapter pic:

Technically a lieutenant and one Intercessor squad is a battle-forged patrol list...

4 comments:

neverness said...

They look cool! Hopefully you'll still have them by the time we get to play again...😇

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks! Actually I'mm more interested in finding a local home for the vast horde I inherited from Kushial. Just doesn't feel right to sell em, but don't see myself painting 50+ marines either...Hell, the 10 I did paint was a struggle!

Siph_Horridus said...

I love the little additions like the skull and jaw. Entire Chapter? Nom nom nommed... a bit like my two Scythes of the Emperor I did was an entire Company! Lol

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thank you sir & lol, yes clearly the war is NOT going well for my Drakes...