Monday, August 31, 2020

Gardening with the Greater Good


I believe they refer to this particular 'potted plant' as the Doombud!

Hrmmm...seems there's a few touchups needed on this side. 

This week has seen some halfway decent progress on the Fem Fa'Tau v2 front. As you can see, my lone support turret is finished and expertly camouflaged in an amongst some glowers, lol. In truth, all of my Tau will have bases like this one. Btw, for anyone considering the above option for an ENTIRE ARMY, do note that this is easily the most EXPENSIVE basing option available. Luckily that ought to make it unique. 

She's standing astride a Mk IV marine who's laying on a chaos chain axe.
Sorry Siph, that means it may have been one of your boys...

I also assembled my new Crisis suit commander. It's just an XV8, equipped with a plasma rifle, missile pod, shield generator and a purely ornamental Xenophase blade. The new kit is vastly more dynamic in its posing than the old static ones. Am debating on whether or not I'll keep the clear flight stand on the finished mini or not...my one gripe with the new kit: the fragile ankle breakage point seems to not have been addressed. 

The cloth portions on these three will be lighter than the norm,
as I am currently out of the previously used shade of brown. 

I also started work on a trio of Fire Warrior Shas'uis. Behind them you can see the latest recruits, a squad of Pathfinders to supplement the one that I already had. They were purchased from eBay for a reasonable price, I just scraped off their basing and added some battlefield debris to said bases before adding them to the queue. 

As such, it's about time for the ol' hobby butterfly to land somewhere else and on that note, I did reequip a new Incandescent Coyote Sergeant the other day...   

5 comments:

Kushial said...

If you need to round out the force some, I've got 2 Crisis Suits, 2 squads of Fire Warriors, and I guess some kind of etheral or commander on a floating platform thing, if you want them.

Monkeychuka said...

Is that... is that lavender? Pure, undistilled Chaos.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Kusial: No not really. This is Amy's old army which clocked in at about 2K at the end of 7th ed when it went into storage. Hoss might take you up on that though, I know he's been pondering the Tau.

@Monkeychuka: lol, the Greater Good is accepting of all...

neverness said...

...Is that one of the many Ultramarines that your xenos scum have murdered over the years?

Da Masta Cheef said...

Well, he's laying on a chaos chainaxe so....probably not a Smurf.