Friday, September 11, 2020

The Incandescent Coyotes' Razorback is complete!

 o/

Whew, finally!

The following is a recap of this tank's rebuild and repaint stages taken from all of the prior WIP posts. That'll save y'all from having to wade thru them all to see the entire process from start-to-finish for yourselves. Enjoy! 

It started out as one of the two Black Templar Rhinos on the right. 

The 'cleansing' of Templar iconography was the first, crucial step.

Ready for priming.

My first ever white primed tank. 

Ack! At this point progress stopped for a good while as I contemplated my next move to correct this...mess.

Preparations were them made for another round of priming.

Better.

The commencement of detailing and touch ups.

Round 2 of applying decals (and in the TV infomercial voice) now with cat hair! Round 1 was the short lived, rage inducing episode that immediately followed the Shas'ui primer incident. I applied 10 decals with no issue, possibly assisted by the dulcet tone of Zzzz's voice whilst chatting on the phone. 

Once the decals were dry, it was resealed and then dunked in a mud puddle slathered in the sand weathering wash with a smidge of mud wash mixed in. 

Another view of the above. 

After sitting for about 24 hours, I blended in the dried wash with a paint brush, removing the excess and smoothing out the transitions.  

Screech, having recently been deployed to the Mojave desert for a few weeks gave this level of dust the thumbs up, forestalling any further layers of washing and blending. Thus it was sealed and declared almost complete pending the addition of exhaust staining.   

The markings on the tactical arrow denote this vehicle as belonging to the First Claw (squad). Whilst the icon on the front quarter panel is obviously a company marking, just which company isn't readily apparent to anyone outside of the chapter. 

The topside/aerial view markings are in danger of being totally obscured by the combination of exhaust soot and accumulated desert dust.  

Rear quarter view.

lastly to wrap things up, I have here the First Claw and their attendant transport. The tank itself has no visibly marked name, though Neverness dubbed it the 'woolly bear' in a prior post. An amusing name that I fear may eventually stick... 

So there ya have it, a Black Templars Rhino reconsecrated (or desecrated depending on your point of view) as an Incandescent Coyotes Razorback! Not sure if I'll tackle the prospect of adding anymore vehicles to the Coyotes' TO&E again, though now that I'm happy with the end result I might...



4 comments:

neverness said...

Man, that turned out to be really great! The Wooley Bear shall feast upon it's foes (although at this rate the poor thing could starve by the time I can get over there to feed it!).

Ragsta said...

Now I think you hit this right out of the park in the end, especially considering all the crap you had hit you last post. The weathering looks cool when coupled with the squad! I think you should do the other two you mentioned previously... :D

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Neverness: thanks! Well the woolly bear fired its first shots in combat and...well I’ll get to that in my next post.

@Ragsta: thank you! Yeah....I’m pondering adding another tank to the Coyotes roster now, maybe. We’ll see I guess.

Monkeychuka said...

That colour scheme totally works! Good save! Did you plan this all along?! I mean, you contrast painted the las cannons but not the tracks. That would have made even Fulgrim raise his eyebrows.