Thursday, January 7, 2021

Team Yankee LAV & HMMWVs assembled

 o/


I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that keyboards count as difficult terrain...

Whilst watching our national embarrassment play out on the news, I was at home, fortifying my 15mm defenses by assembling my Team Yankee LAV-25 and TOW missile equipped Humvees. The irony of assembling a WWIII army whilst rioters had raided the US Capitol building just a few hours earlier is not lost on me. 

They're simple little kits that go together quite easily. That said...Screech has informed me that my two A-10s are reportedly rage inducing according to a mutual friend of ours who has already built them. If that turns out to be true, then perhaps one of my infamous Nerd-RAGE!!!! rant posts is in the future? lol, we shall see.

  


I got these three for $20 along with what I had thought was an M-113 sprue. Instead it turned out to just be an M-113 upgrade sprue (because I apparently can't read). These were actually my first Team Yankee minis purchased, with the prepainted Abrams horde being bought just a little while later. Speaking of, I asked the Abrams' seller what paints he had used and inconveniently, all of them were both oil-based and OOP. So trying to match those paint jobs ought to be fun (but hopefully doable, due to my collection of 'army' colors).

I suppose I ought to try playing a game or two of TY before buying anymore stuff for it but...well, you all know how that goes. 

2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

I love a Striker. Seems like a very popular vehicle with a lot of NATO countries.

Da Masta Cheef said...

The LAV-25 is a variant of the MOWAG Piranha actually, but then again so is the Stryker. Yes it is quite popular with a multitude of countries either fielding license produced variants, or locally 'designed' carbon copies of it.

It's one of my favorite AFVs as well, and I'll likely get more of them at some point.