Monday, June 24, 2024

Kroot Trail Shaper, Carnivore Long Quill & a Grunt

 o/

The Kroot have landed in the Low Country.

Following the most recent balance update that was released the other day, I thought I'd give my Tau a look and see how far my army's point total dropped down to this time. Once again the Strike Teams have dropped 5 points apiece, as has my still unbuilt Broadside. 

These changes, along with Commander Firestorm being retired to the display case after she both went to a 'Legends' model (not normally an issue, but...) and more importantly, had her weapons fit nerfed into oblivion, my army now clocks in at a mere 750 points. I might be able to stretch it to 1K if I build the Broadside, add back in the Ja'loo Muppet auxiliaries and the also nerfed all to hell Remora stealth drones. 

The Kroot 'Trail Shaper' Which is basically the standard issue Shaper that the Kroot have always had.

Not that his/her/it's stats reflect this, but this model actually wears some vague modicum or armor.

Note the Ork hide cloak. Given it's size, he must've a big one!

That said, at 750points, my army still clocks in at 60+ models (depending on how many support drones I decide to tack on for free). All are painted except the Pathfinders which have been at least been primed and started. The other unpainted unit is my Kroot Shaper & Carnivore pack. As such, I have decided to remedy that (if not in its entirety, then at least partially).

To differentiate the Long Quill (Sgt.) model, I put him/her/it on a 32mm base.

Always be sure to pack a lunch!

While about half of my Kroot Carnivores (and the Shaper) have pistols. The Long Quill is the only one authorized to actually use one because...reasons. 

I've always liked the Kroot models and backstory. That said, they've rarely seen paint as over the various editions, since the Kroot's rules and stats have gone thru varying levels of suck.  I've yet to use the Kroot in 10th, and in all honesty I'm not expecting much out them. They are however the only Tau unit with the 'sticky objectives' ability, making them essential. 

Just another grunt.

Sing it: I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs...

Curiously, the Kroot now have CCWs, rather than give the Kroot Rifle a melee stat as in past editions. 

The plan is to finish painting my Kroot Carnivore squad, and once I do then buy some new Kroot models to bring my army back up to 1K. Maybe the new Long Spear, and a Krootox or two. That'll take awhile but let's face it, with today's projected high temperature of 107 degrees Fahrenheit (and its not even August), there's little reason to not stay inside and paint whenever I have some spare time.  

All of my painted Kroot as of this point.


No comments: