Thursday, October 27, 2022

Tau Commander Firestorm is complete for Dreadtober '22!

 Huzzah!

Dread-less-tober in my case...

I was hoping to get some good, outside/natural light pics for this post, but real life and/or crummy weather denied me the opportunity to do so. Nonetheless I'm happy with my end result and will no doubt be posting pics of Commandeer Firestorm as she leads her 2nd line cadre into battle in the future!

Rather than blabber on endlessly (as I so often do), I'll instead just show off the completed model:

Clearly this spaceport has an invasive species problem!

Am tempted to skip the thermo-neutronic projector for just the standard flamer in hopes to keep her from charging the nearest target in every game.

Close up of the Space Wolves' Grey Hunters' Rhino door.

Profile view of the oh so essential shield generator...

...and a top view of the big guns up top: Twin air-bursting fragmentation launchers.

I know that my contribution this year was meagre compared to some of the others involved in this project, but I'm pleased to have this mini off of my 'to-do' list. Thank you Dreadtober for giving me the impetus to paint my Army's warlord, Commander Firestorm!

4 comments:

neverness said...

That turned out great! I look forward to having it decimate my armies.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks you & yes, so do I!

WestRider said...

Ended up looking great! I had kind of thought that the Rhino door on the base would end up dominating the model, since it was so bright, but the weathering and other basing material toned that down nicely.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks Westrider! Being wreckage, the door needed to be extra dirty which dulled it down considerably. In some cases in the past I've almost totally obscured what was on the doors decorating my bases!