|Not much better than they were in my last post...|
Curiously, I've not violated my vow to not paint any of my new Chaos Marine forces until the last three Silver Drakes are completed. Well, I did just a little, but the Drakes were slathered in ink and untouchable/paintable at the time. Regardless, real life interference has slowed progress to a crawl.
|Video gaming (part of that 'real life' interference I just mentioned)|
is easily impeded as well by a kitty on the keyboard.
|Just about ready for inking.|
Base coats completed, I then went thru the usual stages of detailing, clear coating, decals, more clear coat, inking and base coating their bases...and now I'm on the cusp of finishing them. Well sorta.
|With as much ink as I slather on, I can't help but wonder if the Army Painter 'dip method' would be better suited for me than this one...|
All I have left is a bit of sprucing up (i.e.: dry brushing over some of the harsher spots of ink that pooled in one spot or another), followed by some dirtying up via yet more dry brushing before flocking, a final layer of clear coat and then calling them done!
|If ya squint you can just barely make out that roman numeral IV|
on this previously painted marine's pauldron.
A note on the decals...I couldn't find the decal sheet with the tiny roman numeral unit numbers. However given that they were both a pain in the ass to apply and more importantly, difficult if not impossible to read when the mini was finished, I'll admit that I didn't look too hard for said sheet.