Monday, April 13, 2020

The hobby Butterfly lands (somewhere else) again...

o/


Yes, just yes.

Yeah I know, you're not at all surprised. 

Slow progress is in fact being made on the Silver Drakes and I've vowed not to apply any paint to my new toys until they are finished. However if I break that vow...I'm just not going to tell anybody. :-p 

After getting a rare bonus from work (in lieu of a raise...so the term 'bonus' is more of an oxymoron), I decided to buy some toys before bills and other real life expenses obliterated what I estimated to be approximately 90% of said bonus (sadly it would be more than 90%).

Getting there...well sorta.

I perused the various Primaris options for something I could add to the Silver Drakes...but nothing was hitting any of my buttons. Thus I instead wandered aimlessly about the gaming category on eBay (a dangerous place to be) when some new (to me) shinies caught my eye!

With the Drakes all tied up fighting the Nids, and all of da emprah's other minions quarantined under Inquisitorial lock and key due to the depredations of Papa Nurgle, it only seemed fitting that I add some chaos marines to my painting queue. However not plague marines as the new minis' aesthetics aren't my cup of tea and...well I already have enough green armies.

Pay no attention to the other new toys shoved to the rear.

These 10 are the first arrivals, with three more (including my leader) enroute. To these I can add the 10 cultists that I already have (of which eight are painted) as well as my half painted and assembled Venomcrawler. All told that clocks in at about 400 points, which is both a decent start and probably more than I'll ever paint before moving onto something else. 

Now, I wonder if I have and Space Wolf bits with which to decorate their bases...

2 comments:

neverness said...

So maybe instead of an Ork vs. Ork attle this year we could a Nurgle vs. Nurgle tussle? Or is that Pussle? Fly fight! Haha Or a rotten wrestle?

Yeah, I clearly didn't get enough sleep last night...

Da Masta Cheef said...

Indeed.

But, noooo, no nurgle for me! Personally I find the bells and baubles that festoon the new Nurgle marines to be ridiculous. Rather Slaanesh has been the siren song that has lead to this smaall spending spree.

Also as my little warband tops out at approx. 500 points, if we knock the Ork game's point level down to that as well, we can easily get in both games in!