|The new codex in a nutshell.|
• All Boyz units can be upgraded to Ard Boyz, not just one unit. Whilst expensive, at least it allows orks to have a chance to survive when faced with anything other than a stiff breeze.
• Lotsa Meks! Not taking up an HQ slot much like SM Techmarines meanz Meks everywhere! I still miss the old mek mobs from waaaaaay back, and thus I have a lot of them.
• My Orc Shaman-turned-40k-ork-Weirdboy now has a 'Force Femur' instead of just holding a big bone, lol!
|GW, now in partnership with Kromlech...|
|Lining up for these sort of blitzkreigs will fare no better than they did before...|
|There will be NO more of this ignoring da oomies right in front us bullshit anymore!!!|
|I'm okay with there being no new models for these as I already have three which are nicely converted I think.|
In the 'meh' category we have the new Mob rule. Still don't quite have my head wrapped around it, but the old one worked really well which is exactly why it needed fixing, right?
The Bad...or rather the Ugly (Its hard to tell where there's a difference):
• The new dataslate layout kinda sucks. I guess GW really liked Apoc and also likes shoving that game style down our throats...
|Aww, sad little Kan...|
|I hope he paid into his 401k...|
|Turn dat turret around you git!|
|Sorry Neverness, but you'll NEVER see a deff rolla on this now!|
|S3 would make sense if Ork still has scrawny little arms like these...|
• Fuck I don't know what else...the more I read, the less enthusiastic I am about it.
In the end I'll keep Da Groop as I really like the fluff and look of them. I'm sure they'll win here and there, but it'll be a serious struggle and those wins will not be frequent...kinda like the old codex, only it'll be even harder to do now.
Edit: It also annoys me that the photo gallery in the codex is almost entirely Bad Moons. Guess the other clans really don't matter...