Thursday, August 6, 2015

30k Blackshield Centurion

o/

As a follow-up to my last post, I finished my Centurion for the Blackshields. Unlike my recon marine squad (well, the 3 painted so far), he didn't choose to completely obliterate his old Emperor's Children colors. Instead merely the legion/company markings were removed. Add to that, the constant wear and tear of battle which hasn't been repaired/cleaned off, and the resulting look would qualify as a criminal offense within the EC's pretty boy ranks prior to the Horus Heresy!

The rear view on the left gives a good view of his bionic arm, the replacement for the flesh and blood appendage which was taken from him via the accursed Xenos blade that he now carries as his own.

Actually, rather than paint everything precisely, and then dirty it up, I opted to just go for basic and splotchy base colors to further add to the lacking in maintenance look of his armor. Amusingly, I can't any difference from my regular methods on the finished model (which may speed up future paint jobs significantly!). An air bubble on the chest plate (thank you for that Forgeworld) has been turned into a puncture wound in his armor. Indeed despite the robust and recuperative qualities of an Astartes' physique, it seems as though one of his 2 hearts are bleeding out (and onto a fallen Alpha Legionnaire's helmet).

My meager painted force thus far...
Next up will either be the remaining two recon marines, or my Techmarine. I was going to ask if anyone knew whether or not 30k techmarines painted their armor red like their 40k counterparts do, but its kindova moot point as I'll probably just paint him predominantly black anyways.

3 comments:

thebob489 said...

Looking good! We should get a game of 30k in sometime soon. I would love to get what I have painted onto the table.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Sounds good to me!

greggles said...

Love the squad look here. It's an awesome group shot.