Thursday, August 27, 2015

Imperial reinforcements

o/

Well, since writing my last post, papa Nurgle decided pay me a little visit. As such I've felt more or less like death warmed over ever since. To be honest I wasn't even going to bother with a 2nd blog post this week, but my birthday toys arrived in the mail yesterday so I figured I'd show them off.


With the new TIE advanced Title having been released, and the accuracy corrector being an auto-take (if still kinda mediocre) item, I figured I'd get a 2nd of my favorite TIE. No, no Raider for me, but the X-Wing builder I use has it conveniently listed for use. That won't fly in a tourney, but I don't play in any of those anyways so is no matter.

I've also wanted a Decimator ever since its Wave-something release. I don't see us getting any huge ships, so this will probably be the biggest boat in our X-Wing inventory (unless we eventually get the Ghost as well).

Following my last mention of buying the above, Adam commented on just using a die roll generator in lieu of buying more dice but...yeah, no. We already stare at our damned phones too much as it is. I've used those apps in the past (when I forgot my dice and opted for a quick download instead of buying replacements), but I never liked using them.

These will remain sealed for now, and will be opened when my contagions finally go away (or I keel over, whichever comes first).

5 comments:

greggles said...

That ship is awesome...if only because you can have it ram stuff. My buddy always flies into my ships...

Da Masta Cheef said...

lol, that is easily the most appealing part about it!

Codicier Ignatius said...

I'm really looking forward to the improved TIE Advanced. It's one of my favorite ships in the background, and I hated reading how it was no good on the tabletop. I hope it does well for you!

greggles said...

There are some new pilots for the tie advanced, i think they came with the raider big ship, can probably check out their specs online on one of the card banks. They seemed to have given them a much needed boost.

Also the new tie "inquisitor" is vaders original tie advanced.

Mordian7th said...

Nice! I totally agree, there's something about rolling actual, physical dice that just can't be replicated digitally.