Thursday, August 20, 2015

Voilet Tendencies (WIP)

o/

Everything goes in cycles and now its X-Wing's time at the front of the painting queue. As such, I finally started working on repainting Wolfy's YT-2400. She requested a purple version of this beauty:

I don't who to give credit to for this, but they did a hellova job on it!

Using that as my inspiration, I've come pretty far along but as you can see below, I still have a ways yet to go:



She seems pretty happy with it so far, and I rather like it too. Of course just as important as its paint job, every proper ship also needs a name. For the time being I've come up with the name Violet Tendencies. Wolfy's responded warmly to that, but its not yet been given her final approval.

On a slightly different note, I was given a few gift cards for my birthday, and so far all of them have gone towards Star Wars stuff. First up, I have a VT-49 Decimator, a 2nd TIE Advanced and some more X-Wing dice on order from Amazon. Secondly Wolfy found this little gem at Barnes & Noble and I just had to get it! Its kinda like the old Imperial Guardsman's Uplifting Primer books that GW sold some years back and has been a fun read so far.

We haven't played any games of X-Wing in quite awhile, but are planning on remedying that this coming weekend. :-)

6 comments:

Waaargh Pug said...

Haha nice name! Naming ships is always so stressful for me, weirdly. This reminded me that I should do a blog post on some of my repaints, though! Thanks!

greggles said...

Love the repaints. I need to give this a try someday!

Anonymous said...

Instead of buying dice, have you thought about just spending $5 for the star wars dice app? It allows you to basically roll infinite dice, and all at once. Just curious.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Nah, we prefer actual dice. We already stare at our phones too much as it is. That and this will give us more when my Fiance and I ae playing in separate games.

neverness said...

Real dice is the only way. Dice apps are great for online play, but at the table it's just got to be real.

neverness said...

Real dice is the only way. Dice apps are great for online play, but at the table it's just got to be real.