Monday, June 27, 2016

Yuppie-flage? (WIP)

o/

I made my first attempt at using Fallout Hobbies' airbrush stencils. First off, I don't have an airbrush but figured that simply painting over them as normal would work fine. For the most part the stencil did except for when I peeled the it off, on several places it pulled the underlying paint off with it-all the way down to the bare resin!?!

Those gray spots are the bare resin...

They're mostly small spots that are easily covered, though on the other side of the car there was a big one that luckily is on a window which will be painted over in black anyways. Its still annoying though. Next time I'll clear coat the mini before applying the decal to see if that helps.

The stencil is something new for me and I'm not using it exactly as it was intended, so I'm sure there's a little bit of a learning curve to work thru...

4 comments:

neverness said...

Cars of the future: Carter County version.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Not enough ground clearance to go muddin...

Mr Papafakis said...

Hi Mr Masta,

If I could offer some advice on the stencil trouble. Maybe your leaving it on until the paint has dried? Just remove it while the paint is still wet and your problem should be solved :)

Cheers.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Hmm...that could be it!