Thursday, December 28, 2017

2nd hand vehicle woes...

o/

Overcompensating much?

Prior to Christmas I picked up a 3rd party Big Momma space marine vindicator for barely more than the price of the conversion kit (plus the shipping cost). Basically the attached rhino hull clocked in at a mere $3, awesome right? Yeah not so much. It looked as though it was assembled but a 10-year old who thought 'the more glue the better!' And then there are the tracks...what the actual fuck happened there?

In true ANGRY MAHREEN!!! fashion (with Floyd Uberson included in the pic for scale), they could easily be fired out of this gun, perhaps even two at a time!

Despite that, on arrival the big fucking gun bit was (luckily) separate from the rhino. After a fair bit of scraping of excess glue and trimming, etc., I'm thinking the rhino is going to be a total write off. I mean it would be workable if not for the fact that I need to replace the tracks and well...those bitz cost so much by themselves on ebay (assuming you can even find 'em) that hell, I may as well just get a whole rhino for not much more.

Damnit!
Looks like I can get a rhino hull in pieces for a fairly reasonable $25 or so. But that'll have to wait for a bit as our Pacifica decided it wanted a Christmas present too in the form of a new starter/ignition. Yay.

Oh well, the tank is functional enough for the time being in the event that I actually manage to get in a game of 30k.

7 comments:

neverness said...

That is some serious battle damage.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Its serviceable at least. With 30k games being a rarity, this'll sit on the back burner for a bit but will make for a very cool tank...eventually.

Zzzzzz said...

Mud. hide the mess with weathering.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Whilst that's my usual method, there ain't enough mud to hide missing/backwards tracks!

Admiral Drax said...

Can you combine the model and the Pacifica to make just one machine that works properly?

Da Masta Cheef said...

Given that we took the Pacifica back to the shop because it wasn't fixed properly? Its not likely...

Ziek said...

About a month ago, I was preparing for a big priming session to clean up my back log. I had 3 drop pods and 4 vehicle kits plus infantry that I was going to prime them in the "Not Paint Room" at work because it is so cold outside here in Ohio.

Well I was washing up the sprues when one of those exact bits came off and went down the drain. I think I am going to try and make one with green stuff.
Z