Thursday, December 27, 2018

My last finished unit of 2018...

o/

Just as the title says, I'm finishing out the year with a completed unit. Thus, I present to you my Marik Militia lance for Classic Battletech:

Two new mechs and all new paint = their inevitable table top DOOM!

Yes, it took almost a full month to paint just four measly mechs, shut up! (lol) I'm quite pleased with them overall, and will do a group shot with all of my Marik Militia forces once I paint my tanks. Here are a few close up pics:

The Griffin's attempt to shield the vitals with its arm was mostly successful...

The twisted, burnt up and mashed wreck at the Hunchback's feet is (was?) a Lyran Royal Guards 10-ton wheeled APC.

Its curious what the camera focuses on. Ya see that black area below the red stripe on the side torso? Its all but invisible on the mini, but SCREAMS at you in this photo! (nope, not fixing it)

The trusty little Whitworth. I'm rather fond of this mini and am contemplating purchasing 3 more to form a medium fire support lance with my Stinger LAM
acting as a spotter.

I'm not sure what's next in the ol' painting queue...I'm thinking its a toss up between Nids, Marines and Muppets!


3 comments:

WestRider said...

Those came out really nice once they got all the final touches! I particularly like the combination of pose and battle damage on the Girffon.

Can't say I've ever found a Whitworth to be "trusty". Always worked out as a poor compromise between the Javelin and Trebuchet for me.

I think digital camera focusing is maybe the result of malevolent AI that escaped, but never managed to make it into any genuinely important systems, so all it can do to attack us is mess with our camera focus and auto-correct ;)

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks! I had to do 'something' somewhat dynamic with the Griffon's pose after the ridiculously fiddly legs still came out in a rather static. :-/

Trusty might be the wrong I guess...I like the look of the mini, the stats seem pretty good, but I've yet to actually use it on the tabletop, so I might find that it fairs poorly. Will see I guess.

And ah yes, its that ducking (lol) scrap code! The nemesis of both the Omnissiah and all things technological! I should have known! :-)

E.S. Wynn said...

Ah! I know that Wolverine! Nice!