Monday, July 28, 2014

Meanwhile, cork-screwing thru the lower atmosphere of Endor....

...we played our first X-wing demo.

Kushial loaned me an X and Y-Wing, while he used an E-Wing. Whereas my GF teamed up with my old friend Johnny (who made his first appearance in 5 years) with a pair of TIE Interceptors a piece.

Apparently Endor isn't all forest...

In short, despite a few good hits in early, they kicked our asses. My two ships went down quickly, and Kushial managed to string em' around for a few turns, but even his beloved E-Wing couldn't survive vs. 3 interceptors.

It was fun though, and expect to see more of X-Wing on here in the fufutre.

:-)

7 comments:

HappySpawn said...

So, what you're saying is that I'm gonna be wasti...err, spending money on this, too? They have TIE Defenders, right?

Da Masta Cheef said...

Yes & yes. While I've heard the defender is nasty to deal with, several of us all agree it looks pretty dumb (which means Rob will buy it...lol).

Kushial said...

It can be tough to deal with, but a fully loaded out Tie Phantom with the Whisper pilot is sheer insane to try and kill.

Mordian7th said...

X-Wing is a surprisingly fun game! I've thoroughly enjoyed every game I've played so far.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Yeah we're looking to get more into it. However as my birthday is right around the corner, game wise my GF has informed me that I can buy NOTHING!!!

lol, so further expansion will be on hold for now...

Unknown said...

She may have told you that so you don't buy what she is already planning to buy for you. I do that with the kids.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Oh I'm sure that that's exactly why she told me that.

{:-D