Thursday, January 29, 2015

My First Bolt Action Platoon

o/

I was hoping to get in a game of Bolt Action this coming weekend. However after inquiring on our FLGS' FB page, there were no takers...for this week anyways. Bob isn't able to make it this go round, but we have a 500 point get set up for next week.

What set this all in motion was I sat down to determine just how many points I could field earlier this week. I have a rules query sent into Warlord regarding the Dad's Army  list. It says that no units in that particular list can be veteran, however the Dad's Army can have up to 1 unit of Commandos-which have no option but to be veteran. Nothing in the FAQ mentions this conflict in rules, thus I await a response.

Rather than leave a squad out, I though 'Fuck it! I'll fold them into the other squads and make the all Home Guard.' The Commandos and their SMGs will instead fill in as Home Guard with Shotguns. Problem solved...for the time being.

Behold! The Aardvarks of war...

As always finances are short, but I do think I'm going to splurge a little bit with my income tax return and add another squad to this bunch. Probably Rhyflers (regular grunts) and another LMG gunner (BAR Automatic Rifle in BA terminology), some more bases, a new foam tray and a few extra Quar heads (well, and X-Wing's Most Wanted set assuming that FFG gets off their collective asses and finally fucking release it!), but I digress...

The Quar heads are needed because my troops appear to be missing a few. I guess before migrating to Bolt Action, a few of my Quar fought in a French Revolution game and didn't fare too well. Technically they are Royalists after all... lol.

For this weekend, I'm going to see if I can scrounge up a game of Infinity, and if not...then hell, I don't know what I'll play. Maybe I'll take command of Wolfy's Kroot in her 40k game...

Edit: Infinity is out, so the Kroot it is! Also, I found a bag o' Quar bitz with the missing heads, all sorts of other bitz, and even a few more Quar! So don't take the above photo as a guarantee of what I'll field Bob...

No comments: