Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Dreadtober 2019 Part 4: The baby squiggoth is DONE!!!


...and just in the nick of time! Truth be told I didn't think I'd have the time, but in the end I did what any responsible 40-something would do, I put aside adulting for a few hours and instead said:  fuck it, I want to paint my miniatures!

And promptly did so.

lol, anyways...I'm really happy with how it turned out. Technically, this still needs another coat of matte varnish followed by 'ard coat over the eyes, tongue and entrails that are hanging out of the trunk. However its raining and with 100% humidity outside, and I don't want to risk the varnish fogging, so that part can wait till this front passes thru in a couple of days. 

Anyways, here are the completed pics:


Whatever that huge skull belonged to has been dead long enough
for the local flora to grow through it, and die as well.



Just a close up of some of the requisite human skulls.

An overhead shot of the entire model, base and all.

Thanks again to Mordian7th for organizing another successful Dreadtober!

5 comments:

neverness said...

Ah, congrats! You had me convinced that you wouldn't be able to make the deadline! I am glad you were wrong, it looks great! I am also glad that you found a use for that big skull, I myself have no idea what to do with it still...

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks! Honestly I didn't think I would, but after his month of literal nightmares, and being so close to the finish line I just made time. And yeah, I've been wondering what to do with that skull as well, or was at least until I decided on the ginormous base for this model.

WestRider said...

Well done on pushing through! I didn't manage to, myself, for the first time, which is a bummer. Your baby Squiggoth looks fantastic, tho. I know I said I would have been willing to call it done after the last post, but that basing really takes it to a whole other level.

Monkeychuka said...

Yeah the base is great and really sets the model off. I still half expect to see some Jawa handlers using cattle prods on it tho

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Westrider: Wow thank you so much!! Sorry to hear you didn't finish your mech in time, though admittedly it is HUGE!!

@MonkeyChukka: lol, thanks!! We had a sorta-Jawa trick or treater last night. maybe a Sith Jawa (if there is such a thing), black cloak and red glowy eyes but otherwise a dead ringer for a Jawa.