Saturday, October 12, 2019

Dreadtober Part 2

o/

A bit light of a blue for da Deff Skullz, but I'll darken up before the end...

Just a quick post for an equally short amount of hobby time this week. I managed to steal and just  about an hour or so this afternoon to at least try and achieve some sort of minimal progress on my baby squiggoth for Dreadtober. Honestly, its the only hobby time I've had all week, and the next isn't looking any better at the moment. 

The zig-zag looks a bit more consistent on the ass-end.

Nonetheless, the baby squiggoth has achieved the infamous 3-color minimum. I like the base idea for the blue/black hull, though it needs a bit more refinement. It doesn't have to be perfect though since as I've mentioned before, it is the Orks we're dealing with here. 

Eh...not too far off from my initial idea. Though this is a bitch to do amidst the hull's detailing and recessed gribbly bitz. 

Am hoping I can get more done this week, otherwise it'll just be a late month crunch-time run I guess. 

4 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

I like that scheme! Once you add the normal chipping and weathering for Orks, that will shine!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thank you sir & yes, that’s what I’m hoping for!

WestRider said...

Yeah, this sort of thing always looks kinda sketchy until you get the details and weathering and such done, and then at some point, it just clicks together. Coming along nicely for such a small amount of time available to work on it!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks! Luckily my minis/models tend to be covered in grime which hides countless errors (working as intended!). Not sure when I'll have the time to get back to it though. Seems that whenever I have some sort of painting deadline, 'real life' decides to go 'HEY Y'ALL, WATCH THIS!' and hobby time goes right out the window.