Monday, December 9, 2013

Notes from the Frontlines...

o/

With the arrival of the new inquisition PDF codex, I can once again field my old and beloved 100-150 point inquisitorial 'circus side shows'. These little units are more for shits and giggles than for any sort of effectiveness, though they do sometimes earn their points back. Indeed I think the SM's got more than enough in their new book, and don't need a lone inquisitor tagging along just to give them divination...or any of that sort of nonsense. I'll leave those shenanigans tor the tournament crowd.

This is also a boon as my GF has a new work schedule which allows her to come and play with us at the FLGS on weekends. So I can add a little (desperate) allied contingent to her Fem Fa'Tau for the next few weeks till the repetition of the game, and all the assorted rules/numbers she needs to remember are memorized. After that, I can start fielding my own armies again, whilst she goes off and beats up on the guys!

Oh how I've missed playing with these guys!

As it was, this past weekend, the Illustrious Ranger Smith of the Imperial Forestry Service returned to the table top! He and his foresters road around in their rhino (never deigning to get out of it), and contributed very little to the Fem Fa'Tau's glorious victory. About all that they did manage was a lucky hot-shot lasgun kill on a SW termie who had a T-hammer and storm shield (almost paying for themselves!). I doubt that was even needed though as Bob's dice were not with him, and the game soon became a 40k reenactment of Pickett's charge...

On a totally different note, my GF's new work schedule also allows her to join in on our Warhammer Fantasy Role Play games as well. We're still hunting for a suitable Elven mercenary mini for her to use, though my Hafling has had his old paint scrubbed off (for the most part), an added watchman's pole and a new pack that's stuffed full of anything he could find of use!


Little Gonnabe Muggins has yet to contribute much, side from being used by my GF's elf as a pillow at night (with threats of severe bodily harm should he 'try anything funny'), and (unsurprisingly) will probably end up as the party's cook (as he's outfitted for war in that area).




4 comments:

neverness said...

I really do dig those ranger hats!

Mordian7th said...

Nice! I've always loved those forest service minis of yours. Love the halfling adventurer as well, that's gonna look awesome all painted up!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks guys!

I had hopes of new sculpts with the Warzone reboot by Prodos games, but the new minis bear no resemblance to my Foresters. :-(

Unknown said...

Yes my Fem Fa'Tau enjoyed having your little Imperial Forestry Service joy ride around in their Rhino bring a distraction while we took out those nasty 'ol Space Pups. LOL!