Thursday, December 26, 2013

lol, even at my age, Christmas is all about the toys under the tree...

Yes I got a lot of other stuff too and like them just as much, but they're not really 'blog-worthy'.
Anyways...

I hope everyone had a great Christmas (or insert whichever other holiday you like), we certainly did! I recall as a child dreading the thought of Christmas as a 'grown-up' because all you would get would socks and underwear, other clothing items, and that's about it. The idea of 'no toys for Christmas' was rather horrifying. Being the little tyke that I was, I hadn't even heard of the concept of miniature games. Thus I had no way of knowing that even as an adult, on Christmas morning I would still getting toys!!! To that end, I'm not sure where to start on the painting/building front come the new year, but amongst all of the on-going projects I have, there's quite a few more to add it.

Starting off on my GF's Tau: I gave her some rather cool, and anime-styled banner poles by Paulson Games for her Fire Warrior Shas'ui's. Not sure if they'll work on her metal Pathfinder Shas'ui's or not though. Additionally, I got her a squad of Kroot, and a small squad of Hasselfree minis, that will work nicely as an inquisitor and retinue (all female of course). Whilst desperate allies, they will give her her only access to psykers, since to date she's only been on the receiving end of psychic powers. She also received another Devilfish, and a gift card to the FLGS. Thus the ranks of the Fem Fa'Tau will be growing considerably (not to mention her still unbuilt Piranhas…).

I did quite well on the gaming front as well! Da boys have a new kustom fotifikayshun along with a FW Runt Bot (curiously, its Grot controller speaks with a Russian accent…), which will be either the warlord of the grot divishun, or a deff dred depending on what sort of list I am using. My Arbites have a new Chimera along with the Chapterhouse wheeled conversion kit and the Storm Wardens now have a bike squad! On top of that I also got a gift card to the FLGS!

So look for a lot of new projects getting started here in the next few months! Of course, being the typical gamers that we are, don't go looking for them all to be finished in that, or any reasonable timeframe…

;-p

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does Amy no good to build up her army if you keep leaving them at home. :)

Da Masta Cheef said...

Sadly, you gotta point...unless we play at home, as we do have a gameroom. ;-p

HappySpawn said...

"anime-styled banner poles"

*facepalm* Its called a Sashimono and shows up in anime usually only when fuedal(-esque) Japanese warriors are involved. That said, I can already see that name being altered to "Sash'uimono" or "Shas'uimono".

Da Masta Cheef said...

oooh...good idea!!!

{:-D

rogue.trader.voril said...

He only knows what they are because they were featured heavily in that one episode of MLP. :)

HappySpawn said...

And which was that, RTV? Apparently , you've been watching them more than I have.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Don't act like you don't know...you two probably text one another with highlights whilst watching them!

HappySpawn said...

Actually, it might be from the new season, of which I haven't watched any episodes. RTV might have seen it in one of those.

neverness said...

...

rogue.trader.voril said...

Sorry. No bronies here... just snarkies :)

Da Masta Cheef said...

More like furries in your case...

rogue.trader.voril said...

Of all the sick and twisted places I lurk on the interwebz that is too wrong even for me.

neverness said...

Furries really are a creepy lot. Bronies are a step and wrong turn away from that decadent level and vans with curtains. >shudder<

Kushial said...

Only thing worse than a Brony is a Brony with a 1000 sons of bitches army.