I'm not sure where the time goes but after another week, it seems there was little hobby time for me. I did get in a good game of Battletech at the FLGS (and was victorious!), but not much more than that. Squeezing in time here and there I managed to finally finish the first Traktor Mul for my fledgling Ariadna force.
Per my norm, rather than going all anime-looking with it, I instead opted for dirt, grime and battle damage (including a brush guard that looks like its hit a tree or two). I still need to clear coat the camera and light lenses, but this is essentially the finished product.
I had to prop up the model with a rock underneath, due to it being so back-heavy. Without the rock, it kept tipping over, even popping up from being glued to its base! That's partly why I also added another 'decorative' rock to that base. I say partly as I realized that after I reglued the Traktor down, that it was off-center. Damnit. Thus, it looks as though the Mul just drove around the offending rock...
|Hrmm...looks like I screwed up the color a bit in my photoshop tweaking...|
This was also my first use of the Secret Weapon Miniatures leaf litter that I'd purchased several months back. I have to say that I really like that stuff. The base needed something...and that fit the bill nicely! It struck me as appropriate to put some on the traktor itself, since leaves like to collect between the hood and windshield of my car.
I still have no idea on how to use this thing, but hopefully I'll get a chance to use it this coming Friday.