Thursday, December 13, 2018

Samuel L Jackson, the Resurrection!

o/

Nope, no progress on the mechs, instead...

Whilst this pic better suits the mini below, Jules from Pulp Fiction is,
I think Samuel's finest acting performance! 

Waaaaaaaaay back in the day (pre-blog times) I had a sizable Iron Hands army lead by the infamous Iron Father Samuel L. Jackson. I used a techmarine as a base for the conversion as I didn't like the actual Iron Father mini, and later on he was cross-promoted (though to the Iron Hands, it was probably more like a demotion) to a captain when the Iron Father rules went away with an edition change. He was armed with a combi-flamer and a trimmed down chainsaw off of the IG Sentinel kit.

When I was tired of the monochromatic-hell of that army, I ebayed 'em but Samuel had earned himself an honored spot on my Hall of Heroes (HoH) display stand, where he lived out his dusty retirement until...I bumped the shelf atop of which the HoH was sitting. Unfortunately Samuel took a tumble to the floor and shattered into his constituent parts! Not having any use for him at that point, I collected his remains and tossed them into the purgatory of my bitz box. 

Whilst this mini lacks the afro and mutton chop side burns, UI have no doubt he'll be shouting Ezekiel 25:17 throughout every battle!

There he rattled around amongst years of collected gaming spares and detritus till I decided to resurrect him a little ways back. Had I thought it out properly (rather than just on impulse), I would have stripped his paint first but oh well. I added a pack and 2 bolt pistol hands, added a new 32mm base and ta-dah! He'll now be a 30k Moritat for my Blackshields/Renegade Iron Hands army. The arm on his pack is less a servo-arm and more a mechandrite. In-game it serves no purpose, aside from adding some visual appeal. Instead I figure it would assist in reloading his pistols, especially as it would be able to swivel around and actually reach the ammo pouches on Samuel's pack!

It was no picnic repositioning that fiddly little servo-arm...

With so many half-done projects already in the works, I have no idea when I'll actually get to painting him up, though given my usual tendencies...probably Tuesday!

6 comments:

WestRider said...

"We should have Storm Bolters for this kind of deal."
"How many up there?"
"Three or four."
"That's countin' our guy?"
"Not sure."
"So means there could be up to five Culties up there?"
"It's possible."
"We should have fuckin' Storm Bolters."

"What system are you from?"
"What? What? Wh-?"
"'What' ain't no system I've ever heard of. They speak Low Gothic in What?"
"What?"
"Low Gothic, motherfucker, do you speak it?"

Da Masta Cheef said...

LOL!!!! Love it!

WestRider said...

I can't take full credit. There was a thread on the 40K Newsgroup way back in the day where people were making 40K versions of all kinds of movie quotes. I know there were some Pulp Fiction ones, but I can't remember if those two were in there or not.

Siph_Horridus said...

Love jobs like that, he’ll get done eventually, when the Hobby Butterfly flutters back.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Westrider: meh, there's so much obscure stuff out there, I'd likely never stumble across it, so just take the credit!

@Siph: he will, yes. Eventually. That butterfly flits about endlessly, never landing in any one spot for long, though it does return to it old haunts eventually.

saisravaniz said...



shareit
shareit download
shareit install
shareit app download
Everybody knows that SHAREit is one of the best sharing apps on the internet.