Monday, March 25, 2019

Moving at a crawl...


...if even that much. 

Battletech is in full swing but everything else is pretty much a non-starter right now. I did at least (barely) manage to sloppily apply the red to the robes of my Daughters of the Burning Rose KS minis, but that's been it.

3-color minimum achieved! Meaning they're ready for Tournament play, lol!

I dunno, perhaps I just need to take a break (which is apparently already in progress...) or something. I've been going pretty steady on this ol' blog for almost a solid decade. I'm not ready to throw in the towel (or have any intent to do so), rather I think I'm just going to putter around with The Buffet Assault Group blog for a bit, and get it fully up and going. Speaking of, Kushial and I played a 7-8ish hour brawl this past Saturday, and I ought to be posting about that here shortly. 

So stay tuned, I'll be back...eventually...

P.S.: Oh, I have my Grymn army up on ebay for anyone who's interested here stateside. 

7 comments:

Monkeychuka said...

I just don't blog if I don't feel like it. It's not against the law. You might lose some subscribers but I'm guessing that, like me, you blog for personal reasons and not to become famous!

WestRider said...

Everyone needs a break sometimes. This is a hobby, not a job, don't make yourself do it if it's unpleasant (and not resulting in something cool enough to be worth slogging through the unpleasantness). If you're grooving on BT these days, play BT!

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Monkey Chukka: Indeed, if I even had had my 15-minutes of internet fame, I apparently missed it. As for the loss of Subscribers, I'm not even sure how I amassed the 130 or so I have (and for that matter wonder just how many still visit..

@WestRider: Its not so much a 'job' as it is a 'habit'...dunno, just feels like I'm woefully neglecting something I technically have no obligation to. But yes, Battletech is going strong right now and I'm hoping we can sustain it again here locally, and its not just a 'flash in the . pan' sort of thing.

Kushial said...

Yeah, it ran a bit long but it was nice to not have to feel like we were rushing through it either. It was nice to get a chance to catch up as well. Though if either of us could get our mechs to shoot consistently that would have trimmed an hour or so off of it LOL

Blazmo said...

It's normal for your motivation to wax and wane from time to time. Sometimes I post every day, at other times I do not hobby stuff for 6 months. I always come back in the end, but taking a break is healthy. Plus, my style of hobbying is a bit burnouty in that I make massive progress in fits and starts with gaps.

Da Masta Cheef said...

@Kushial: Oh yeah, definitely had a good time! That said, it was a serious love/hate relationship with my Hunchback especially on a turn-by-turn basis!

@Blazmo: oh it has indeed waxed and waned over the years, however this time (Battletech aside) its ground to a total halt! Which...I've found is kinda alarming...

HappySpawn said...

HIATUS!!!