Wednesday, September 9, 2020

ARRRGH!!!

Just when ya think you were done, the gods of Chaos strike from out of the blue and ruin ensues...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Picking up from my last post, there was another round of touch ups, followed by decals, inking, and finally adding a little tuft of lavender flowers poking up out of that hole in the turret just for Monkeychuka and I was done. All that was left was the clear coat. However I wasn't paying attention sadly and, whilst it was only for a split second before realizing my error, a split second is all that was needed to ruin this model (luckily it was only the one).

Yup, you've likely guessed it already, I grabbed the wrong can and instead of clear coat, I oh so briefly hit this finished mini with a blast of OD green primer! Sad Face. Raging at my stupidity, I ripped the (now) OD green flowers out and then disgustedly put the mini aside. I was in no mood for an immediate repaint (still haven't been). 

I tried to salvage the evening by applying decals to the razorback, but that also quickly descended into an exercise in fury and I just had to walk away from my hobby desk for the night. That said, Karma wasn't done delivering a good 'ol fuck you to me for no apparent reason (seriously, WTF? Hell I had to cover for somebody else all day in addition to doing my job!) as I then burnt my dinner, and the following take out was kinda meh too). 

So yeah, my Friday night SUCKED, how was yours? 

Haven't attempted to retry decals on the razorback yet either, though a 2nd squad of Coyotes have gotten their initial layer of contrast paint at the least. 

Squad 2 on approach.

8 comments:

Waaargh Pug said...

The Tau still looks cool, though! Maybe he's just really dirty.

Da Masta Cheef said...

Thanks, but only on the one side, she's spotless on the other. I'll have to fix it. The turret hatch she's standing on is fine though as it was OD green to begin with.

Siph_Horridus said...

Bugger. Did this once and again with ‘frosting’ from GW Purity Seal, heart breaking. But, set it down and re-attack another day

Da Masta Cheef said...

It's been a good decade or so since I've made this mistake. Luckily haven't dealt with the frosting issue since living in Florida where the humidity is near 100% all the time. It can be humid a lot here too (which often causes that), but I usually bring minis inside to dry. Anyways, yeah I'll fix this...eventually.

neverness said...

I get a lot of humidity in the mountains, so i need to be really selective about when i attempt to use that stuff.

Bummer about that error. I haven't experienced that yet personally, and hope I never do...

Da Masta Cheef said...

I can assure you that it's not recommended.

Monkeychuka said...

Yeah it's best to stop and do something else when this sort of thing happens. I recommend one of those half-bottle sized glasses of wine. On the plus side your Coyotes are looking great!

Da Masta Cheef said...

Yeah alcohol would have been a good choice at that point. Of course going with the train-wreck of that evening, partaking of any didn't occur to me.

Thanks! The Coyotes are just based coated, will probably clear coat them as is since they might possibly see their battlefield debut this weekend...maybe and the contrast seems to come off easy when handled. Speaking of, their Razorback is almost done!