Monday, October 5, 2020

I finally bought a display cabinet

 o/

It's already filled with a random smattering of favorites, of which only the Grot Spee, Baby Squiggoth and Exodite Autarch on the griffin are likely to see any actual future in-game use. 

I've always wanted one, but they're usually quite expensive and take up a fair bit of my little house's limited space. However and old friend of My Beloved Wolfy whom I'd never personally had met until this purchase was selling one for a mere $75 and I pounced on it! His parents had stored it at his house during a move and never retrieved it. He himself had never used it for anything and it never made it back to them or their estate sale. 

It's solid wood and as you can see it also has a mirror back panel and interior light. the boxes on top are full of My Wolfy's mementos that I don't have the heart to go through/look at right now, as well as the hat she wore at our wedding and a few Halloween decos (her favorite holiday).

5 comments:

neverness said...

That looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in person. I think Wolfy would have loved this.

Da Masta Cheef said...

:-)

She'd said many a times that I ought to get one.

Monkeychuka said...

I've been hemming and hawing about getting one but yours looks right at home in a living room. A conversation piece. I was thinking of purchasing a cheap, glass monstrosity but now I'm not sure.

Da Masta Cheef said...

You may want to check out estate/yard sales to possible luck across one of these. I'd hate to think of what it would have cost new!

Waaargh Pug said...

That looks really nice, brother. Your work and mementos deserve the place of honor!